Crashing Into Me

Crashing Into Me
Coming Feb 14, 2017

Thursday, November 6, 2014

NaNoWriMo and other things

Finding inspiration to write everyday is sometimes hard to do. Im a serial procrastinator at times, I can admit, so when I heard of NaNoWriMo, i figured what the heck, lets try it. Its only been a few days and I've written more (about 5 thousand words) per day! At this rate my manuscript will be finished by the end of the month and I can start the daunting task of editing.

NaNoWriMo is a contest for writers to challenge themselves to writing a 50,000 word first draft of a manuscript by months end. There are badges you receive as you go along, and a daily and monthly word count to show you how far you have left to go. I think it's a nifty way to keep yourself on your toes as well as win the contest. There are several companies like createspace and blurb that will give you free copies of your book in paperback as well as many other sponsors and prizes.

I've also been looking into editing services too. Apparently, it is not recommended to do this yourself and I get it. I will write and rewrite and feel, like "Hey, this is perfect!" And then later after a full chapter review, wonder what I was thinking and change it. I'll do my best on my own for as long as I can and eventually contact someone before submitting queries or self publishing.

In the meantime though I'm scouring the internet for every tip, clue or advice on how to not only do this but be successful at it. Ill compose a detailed list on what has helped me as I go along, to narrow it down for everyone.

Oh and also I'll start posting excerpts from my book for feedback from those interested. It can only help me be a better writer, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment