Crashing Into Me

Crashing Into Me
Coming Feb 14, 2017

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Where has the time gone? Well, to put it quite simply, I put my book down for the most part to focus on a different business venture that eventually wasn't the business for me. Lot's of time and energy went into something that I should have been dedicating to my craft, HOWEVER, I have learned a GREAT deal and can apply what I've learned, moving forward.
I didn't completely just put my book down, I have gone over it from the beginning and done edits and re-writes over time, which thankfully, has improved the overall story, and for that I'm happy. I find that after taking a hiatus, I catch things all the time that I can make better so in that respect I'm happy I didn't run to to hit the "Publish" button. It wouldn't have served me well if I want to be taken seriously.

All that said, once I "finish" (lol) this last draft, I'm off to find an editor, or someone who can help me improve it even more, as I'm SURE, there are things that will need improving. I have other titles swimming around in my head, some I've started, others I'm playing out in my mind first, before I jump head first into another project. I will be keeping up with this blog on a daily or semi-daily basis, until this is complete. I also changed the name of the book as well as the book cover. I'm still undecided.
I've been told the last, book over gave too much away, then I created a new one, which just looked plain boring to me, then another that would grab someones attention, but I feel may give the wrong impression about what it's about. Ugh, being a creator is tough business. I'll post the pictures below for feedback if anyone ever finds this, lol. Until next time....

1. Boring: When you read the story, the graphic makes all the sense in the world, but does it say "You HAVE to pick me up and read me?" Not in my opinion.




2. This next one catches the eye, BUT, the story is much more than just what he represents. Or am I overthinking? 
UPDATE 12/6/16: I took the time and recreated the cover myself as well as changed the title and its going to stay this way. Hopefully others will like it as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment