Crashing Into Me

Crashing Into Me
Coming Feb 14, 2017

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Okay

Ya know the slang term "Pimpin' ain't easy"? Same goes for the self publishing process. I was lucky to stumble upon a fellow Goodreads member's review of a book on self publishing: "Navigating Indieworld: A Beginners Guide to Self Publishing and Marketing Your Book" by J.A Gerber, and Carol P. Roman (Say that four times back to back) and got it last night.

 I whizzed through the first 4 chapters before I realized i still had my polishing to finish up so I printed the first chapter, read it, FOUND MISTAKES my computer eyes apparently missed, fixed those, read it out loud, rewrote some sentence structure, and will edit the first chapter according to what is on this physical page. That took two days roughly because I re-read what I did last night, made a few more tweaks and am satisfied with the new chapter flow now. If I can knock out 2 or three chapters a day, I may be able to keep my schedule but who knows... I'm honestly flabbergasted at the difference between reading your material on paper versus the computer and the things you catch... On to chapter two!

No comments:

Post a Comment